Thursday 24 September 2015

Installous Will Now Terminate : Hackulous Shuts Down

Installous is one of the must have Cydia apps and we have shared a complete tutorial on installing Installous earlier, but now everything seems to be coming to an end. Hackulo, the company behind Installous, which let you install paid apps for free on your jailbroken iPhone shuts down itself. If you have installous installed on your iPhone or iPad, it will stop working and will show message “Installous will now Terminate” and showing Outdated version.
At first, when I got this error, I thought there is something wrong with the app and reinstall will fix it, but thanks to cNet article, it’s confirmed that Installous shuts down for good. I’m not sure if it’s a good step or not, as installous atleast let us try many paid apps on our iPad or iPhone for free before we can actually buy it. Infact, now I have iOS6 on my iPhone 5 and there is no sign of Jailbreak coming to it, I’m buying and installing almost all the paid apps which I enjoy.  This may sound like an excuse, but honestly when there are thousands of paid apps out there, and needless to say some of them are not even worth a penny, it doesn’t sound any good to paying for any of these useless apps and Installous come out as a saver for apps crazy people like me and you.

Installous shuts down: A true Alternative awaits

There is no confirmation on why Installous shuts down as it’s one of the most popular Cydia app and one of the most easiest way to install Paid and pirated app on your jailbroken device.  Though, after Installous is down, there are few alternatives which are coming into the picture and they are: Zeusmos and Kuaiyong. I tried installing Zeusmos on my iPad via Cydia repo, but it failed in between. I will try to install it again and it it works, I will be sharing a tutorial on Installing Zeusmos on your Jailbroken device soon.
Installous will now Terminate
So far, none of these Installous alternative is a true alternative, though Zeusmos will let you install many popular paid apps via free file sharing sites, but there is no torrent support and it works in complete different way, which I will explain in another post.
Also, on official Hackulo site you can see a message titles “Goodnight, sweet prince”
We are very sad to announce that Hackulous is shutting down. After many years, our community has become stagnant and our forums are a bit of a ghost town. It has become difficult to keep them online and well-moderated, despite the devotion of our staff. We’re incredibly thankful for the support we’ve had over the years and hope that new, greater communities blossom out of our absence
With lots of love,
Hackulous Team
And honestly, Installous was like a sweet prince for all jailrboken iOS user. Though, time will tell which one comes out as best alternative to installous, but for now all we can do is to wait for something amazing to happen in iOS jailbroken community. In case if I find a solution to Outdated version of Installous warning, I will update you as it’s one of my favourite Cydia app.

No comments:

Post a Comment